Tuesday, January 29, 2013

SNAP Week 4 Day 3

$37.17....Starting the day

I am the one that shopped and cooked dinner today.  No, Hades has not frozen over!

Marsh
$3.17 Pork Chops (3.23lbs.@$0.98/per lb.)
$3.00 Avocados 3 ($1.00 each)
$3.52 Buddig Meat (8) ****
$9.69

Total left for the week: $27.48

****This was a WANT, not a NEED, I clicked my reality button off! I had 2 $1.00 off coupons that were expiring 1/31/13 for Buddig Meat...buy 4 get $1.00 off AND they were on sale $0.69 each!  Carl Buddig has been packaging meat for 100 years on the Southside of Chicago......My dad is 82, a retired meat cutter, he knew Carl Buddig.  I am a nurse and I cared for Carl Buddig, over 20 years ago, for 2 nights, in a hospital I had worked at...... I guess I feel a special relationship to these little meat packages**** 

Frank and I have been thoroughly enjoying this SNAP Journey.  We are energized by the creative aspects-that which we give out to others-and we are enriched by the learning, or enlightenment-that which we take in for ourselves. 

Breakfast-Oatmeal with banana and mixed berries
Lunch-Frank packed both of us this yummy lunch today.....When I opened my lunch sack at work, I had to go show my office mates.....Frank packed me a lunch just like he would eat....he packed a lunch for a 6'4" man.....(I am pushing 5'2").....I have enough lunch for tomorrow in the frig!
SCRAPPY SNAP pasta fagioli, side salad with the Caesar dressing from last night and strawberries

Dinner was a Nan creation-Pork chops seasoned with sesame oil, chili oil, rice vinegar and garlic, seared and sliced then tossed with spinach and broccoli that had been sautéed in coconut oil and yellow curry served over rice, with a side of sliced avocado.....we went green tonight!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment