Friday, January 11, 2013

SNAP Week 1 Day 6

Still holding onto our $10.45

Today was a busy, frenetic day.  Frank and I slept in 2 hours later than usual...so we both had to hurry out the door this morning.  Neither of us had breakfast.  Frank did brew a pot of coffee, thank you Frank! I know that there are many couples and families that might look at this type of morning as their routine.  Frank and I like to get up early and have a couple of hours to ourselves before we face the rest of the world.  (One of the benefits of being "older" with no children in the house)
Frank went to work at the kitchen....so he tasted his way through breakfast and lunch.  I had a meeting and then grabbed a Vegetarian Bowl from Chipotle for a later lunch. The veggie bowl was approx. $6.80-but I am not able to purchase this with SNAP money.  Such a small thing, buying a lunch out, this is something I know that some people do everyday and that many wouldn't think twice about.  What if it meant you wouldn't be able to buy a notebook for your child, or a gift for their friend's birthday party?  What if you had to worry about $6.80.........this really gave me pause tonight when I contemplated the day.

We were invited to our daughter's house for dinner tonight.  Chef Frank had the night off. 
Sorry, no pictures.....
But just let your imagination run with this:
Grilled T-bone steaks, baked potatoes, salad and a cinnamon sweet bread for dessert which was made by our grandsons' uncle......mmmmmm now that's what I am talking about!  And it was FREE!

Frank plans to spend the rest of our $10.45 tomorrow.....I can't wait to see what he comes up with!

2 comments:

  1. You're blog is wonderful Nanette. thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for letting us know! We appreciate it. Nan

      Delete