Friday, January 25, 2013

SNAP Week 3 Day 5

(I started writing this Thursday night and now it turned into Friday morning midnight)

$10.57 to start our day Thursday 

Kroger
$1.98 Spinach 2 lbs.
$2.89 Eggs 18 eggs
$4.87

Meijer
$3.49 Filo Dough

Total: $8.38

Left for the week: $2.19

I know I have mentioned this before, but it is so wonderful to have friends and family in this world.  Tonight Frank and I were invited to a post holiday party.  Imagine going to a party where everyone bringing a dish, to share, works for a Chef!   mmmmmmm yummy food was had by all!!!  Our contribution was Spanakopita (spinach pie).  The money Frank spent today all went to this dish, except for 11 eggs that are still left.  I actually made the dish for the party.  It is a recipe that my family has had for many years.  I brought out my Greek tonight. 
 

We still have lasagna left that Frank put in the freezer, 2 portions each.  He has 2 chickens to cook up tomorrow and we have pasta ready in the frig for Frank to roll out.  Fruit in the freezer, oranges, lettuce, carrots, cucumber and variety of cheese.  There is plenty for us even with just $2.19 left.

My Breakfast was oatmeal and berries.....coffee always!
Frank's Breakfast also oatmeal and berries.....but he also added after I left for work egg scrambled in marinara sauce on top of toasted baguette brushed with garlic
Frank says he has never appreciated marinara sauce and all the uses as he did this week by putting it in eggs

I did take a picture of my lunch today....same as yesterday, whole wheat pita with marinara, cheese and sausage toasted in toaster oven.
 We are both very worn out from our work and fun today!  Nighty Night : )

No comments:

Post a Comment