Wednesday, January 16, 2013

SNAP Week 2 Day 4

So every journey has a few wrong turns along the way.  Several years ago, my sister and I were driving with our children from Chicago to Pennsylvania and then on to North Carolina for a visit to the Outer Banks.  Mind you, both of us were born and raised in Chicago......we took a wrong turn and ended up in downtown Chicago.....luckily, after that first hour, the rest of the trip was smooth sailing.
I feel like am on the right path, but then, it seems without warning, off I go into the wild.  A man down in Nashville Tennessee gave directions to my daughter and I- to walk from the Gaylord Hotel to the Grand Ole Opry.  He said over and over again, to the point where my daughter and I kept nodding and slowly backing away, "Don't veer off the path, don't veer off the path".  His words are always echoing in my mind, "Don't veer off the path".
Today took an interesting turn in our journey of food choices.  After a successful Wednesday morning Weight Watchers meeting, a lose of 2.4 lbs. and a super lunch of left over Thai veggies, noodles and tilapia, I veered off the path.
Finding Cheetos in the pantry, I successfully ate the rest of the bag for an appetizer.  Frank didn't get home for several hours after me, so of course I blame him for leaving me to my own devises!

Check out this picture.......which item is not allowed to be purchased with SNAP money?
If you picked the Cheetos, you would be wrong!
It is the rotisserie chicken.

Here is Frank's breakfast this morning-good start for his day

Dinner consisted of Cheetos and chicken for me, Frank made himself a chicken sandwich with a side salad.  At least one of us didn't veer off the path.

I will update the finances in the morning...eyes are getting heavy, time for sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment